The newsroom includes access to CHA News, which provides timely information to members every Monday and Thursday and is at the core of CHA benefits. In addition, it is also home to resources such as toolkits and talking points designed to help member hospitals and health systems communicate with internal and external audiences on a range of current health care-related issues. Links to CHA media statements and press releases can also be found here.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has announced the availability of web-based training on conducting a standardized cognitive assessment and the Brief Interview for Mental Status (BIMS) for inpatient rehabilitation facility providers. The training includes interactive exercises to test knowledge related to the assessment and coding of the BIMS.
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently updated its COVID-19 data reporting requirements, and these changes were incorporated into the CHA Tracker on March 31.
CHA worked with the California Department of Public Health and HHS to update the data reporting guidance* to offer a fuller explanation on how to record data for these updated fields. The following updates to the data reporting guidance were made:Read more
The Health Resources and Services Administration will host a webinar on April 13 at 11 a.m. (PT) on the COVID-19 Uninsured Program, which reimburses providers for testing, treating, and administering COVID-19 vaccines to uninsured individuals. More information is available in a frequently asked questions document.
The California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA) has convened a COVID-19 Task Force comprised of health facility association representatives as well as financing team members (including bond counsels, underwriters, and financial advisors) who have worked on previous CHFFA debt financings.Read more
On April 9, President Biden submitted his $1.2 trillion discretionary spending budget to Congress for federal fiscal year (FY) 2022. Of the amount, $769 billion is requested for non-defense spending, a 16% increase from the prior year. The budget request includes a 23% increase in spending for the Department of Health and Human Services ($132 billion requested) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the largest budget increase in nearly two decades ($8.7 billion requested).Read more
- April 14: Root Cause Analysis Innovation Virtual Summit
- April 20: COVID-19: Preparing for Potential Litigation Webinar
- April 22: Supply Chain Diversity – How to Comply with New OSHPD Statutes Webinar
- April 28: ED Resources – Managing Youth in a Behavioral Health Crisis Webinar
- The Hospital Quality Institute’s “Care for the Caregiver” webinar is available as an on-demand recording here.
For more information about CHA education programs, visit calhospital.org/education-publications.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services issued the following updates this week:
- Hospital Quality Reporting User Experience Feedback Sessions
- CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities/Long Term Care Open Door Forum — April 15, 11 a.m.-noon (PT)
- Dial: (888) 455-1397; Conference Passcode: 8604468
- PEPPERs for LTCHs, CAHs, IRFs, IPFs, Hospices, & SNFs
- Hospice Aide Services: Enhancing RN Supervision
- Changes in the Hospice Item Set Manual V3.00 Webinar — April 15
- Penalty for Delayed Request for Anticipated Payment (RAP) Submission – Implementation — Revised
- SNF Resident Mood Interview Video