California Hospital Association/California Association of Hospitals & Health Systems Benefits and Perks
The employees who serve our member hospitals are employed by CHA’s sister company, the California Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (CAHHS). CAHHS employees appreciate the additional benefits they receive besides the monetary amounts they see on their paycheck. Our outstanding benefits package is a valuable portion of what employees regularly scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week receive from CAHHS. Generally, employees are eligible for all benefits the first of the month following employment. We offer multiple options through our comprehensive benefits program.
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
CAHHS offers four medical plan options:
- Kaiser HMO
- Kaiser High Deductible HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross High Deductible PPO
Two dental plan options:
- Delta Dental Low
- Delta Dental High
One vision plan option:
- Vision Services Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax dollars may be used to pay for non-covered health care expenses as well as eligible dependent care expenses.
CAHHS provides the following benefits at no cost to the employee:
- Life/AD&D insurance coverage equal to two times annual base pay
- Business travel accident Insurance coverage equal to two times annual base pay
- Supplemental Workers Compensation and State Disability Leave — designed to integrate with California State Disability Insurance (SDI) and Worker’s Compensation benefits
- Long term disability insurance coverage equal to 67% of pre-disability earnings
Paid Time Off
Accruals begin immediately according to the schedule below:
- 18 days for up to 2 years of employment
- 21 days for 2 – 5 years of employment
- 25.5 days for 5 – 9 years of employment
- 30 days for 9+ years of employment
We provide nine paid holidays per calendar year:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
Employee Assistance Program
A confidential, voluntary program is available to employees and their family members that provides up to 3 free counseling visits per incident for personal or family issues. In addition, employees and their family members may receive free legal, financial and career counseling and childcare referrals through this program.
Educational Reimbursement Program
CAHHS encourages employees to further their professional development through education. Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement up to $1,000 per year toward any job-related degree or professional certification.
The Healthcare Associations of California 401(k) plan makes it easy for eligible employees to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions. In addition, the plan includes both a non-elective and discretionary contribution from CAHHS.
- Company-subsidized parking
- Free Transit Passes (at most locations)
- Employee Service Awards and Recognition
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Social Events
The above is a brief overview of the CAHHS Benefits Program. For more details please refer to official plan documents. Should there be any discrepancy between the overview above and the official plan documents, the plan documents will prevail.
Please e-mail resumes to [email protected]