The Hospital Quality Institute is offering a two-part webinar series on Health Equity Basics for Hospitals. The aim is to provide hospitals with the latest information on how to operationalize and execute actionable strategies to identify and address racial and ethnic disparities.
Webinar I: Leveraging Data to Promote Equity of Care, Sept. 1, 10-11 a.m. (PT)
- Strategies for collecting patient demographic data, along with key lessons learned
- Leveraging and stratifying data to develop performance measurement tools, such as equity reports
- Reporting, interpreting, and acting on data to develop equity improvement activities
Webinar II: Designing, Implementing, and Reporting on Interventions to Address Disparities, Sept. 15, 10-11 a.m. (PT)
- Strategies for dissecting a disparity to understand root causes and opportunities for improvement
- Creating a toolkit of disparities interventions that have been proven effective
- Leveraging organizational change management strategies to assure sustainability and improved outcomes
The series will be led by Joseph Betancourt, MD, MPH, a pre-eminent national expert on identifying and addressing racial and ethnic disparities in health care. He is the senior vice president for equity and community health at Massachusetts General Hospital, founder of the Disparities Solutions Center, an associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, and a practicing primary care doctor.