CHA has issued a detailed summary of the federal fiscal year (FFY) 2022 inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) final rule. The policy and payment provisions in the final rule are effective for FFY 2022 discharges, beginning Oct. 1.
The summary highlights key provisions of the final rule, including:
- Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments
- Market-Based Weights
- Wage Index
- New Technology and New COVID-19 Treatments Add-on Payments
- Inpatient Quality Reporting Program
- Promoting Interoperability Program
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program
- Hospital Acquired Condition Reduction Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
On Sept. 20, CHA DataSuite issued hospital-specific analyses intended to show how Medicare inpatient fee-for-service payments would change from FFY 2021 to FFY 2022 based on the policies set forth in the IPPS final rule.