The Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) has released revised guidance on the signage and reporting requirements under Assembly Bill 1882 (R. Rivas), which was enacted last year.
Policy Intent Notice (PIN) 75, released June 15, clarifies the signage requirements:
- Hospitals are to post the notices included in the appendix of the PIN in lobbies and waiting areas in buildings that have not met the 2030 seismic requirements. This posting must be done by Jan. 1, 2024.
- There are different notices depending on the Structural Performance Category (SPC) and Nonstructural Performance Category (NPC) ratings of the building.
- Approval by HCAI of which notices and locations the hospital plans to post the signage in within the hospital is required. Hospitals are to submit an application through a construction project submittal with that information.
Additionally, it outlines the reporting process:
- Hospitals must submit an annual status report on the SPC ratings and services for hospital buildings on their campuses, if any building has not met the 2030 seismic requirements.
- This must be submitted annually to HCAI between Nov. 1 and Dec. 1 each year, beginning this year.
- Hospitals are to submit this report to HCAI using the eServices Portal located on the HCAI website.
HCAI hosted a webinar on June 20 on these requirements, as well as on NPC plans. CHA has requested that HCAI post the recording of the webinar to its website.