State Provides Limited Additional Information on Third-Party Administration of Vaccination
This slide deck provided by the state offers limited additional information about the new statewide vaccination network for which Blue Shield of California is the state’s third-party administrator. Of note:
- Providers not a part of the initial network Blue Shield is setting up will be considered for transition to the network, by county, in waves beginning next week. Counties were placed in one of three waves based on rankings that considered their COVID-19 disease burden, among other factors.
- Wave 1 (Feb. 21): Fresno, Imperial, Kings, Madera, Merced, Riverside, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Tulare
- Wave 2 (March 3): Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Inyo, Lake, Lassen, Los Angeles, Monterey, Nevada, Orange, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Shasta, Sierra, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, and Ventura
- Wave 3 (March 14): Alameda, Alpine, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Plumas, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Siskiyou, Yolo, and Yuba
- Blue Shield has set up an email for inquiries at [email protected].