The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently updated its COVID-19 data reporting requirements, and these changes were incorporated into the CHA Tracker on March 31.
CHA worked with the California Department of Public Health and HHS to update the data reporting guidance* to offer a fuller explanation on how to record data for these updated fields. The following updates to the data reporting guidance were made:
- Guidance added for two new fields to capture the combination therapy of two monoclonal antibodies bamlanivimab/etesevimab
- Updated guidance on vaccination fields, which now include single-dose vaccines
- Additional information on how to classify health care personnel and patients receiving vaccines
- Updated guidance on PPE re-use/extended use fields
- Updated guidance on fields related to COVID-19 among staff members
The most up-to-date version of the data dictionary is available. Questions can be directed to COVIDTracker@calhospital.org.
* Please note that the web address for the data reporting guidance document has changed and update bookmarks.