CHA has updated the Discharge Planning for Homeless Patients guidebook and released a free PDF download for CHA members.
The guidebook explains California’s homeless patient discharge planning law and offers insights to help hospitals return homeless patients to the community. The update includes:
- A new executive summary
- Clarification of the public health officer’s role in recommending screening for infectious disease and vaccinations for homeless patients
- Clarification of the requirement to maintain a homeless patient log
- A new sample questionnaire to help determine whether a patient is homeless
- Information about coding for homelessness
- A template “Homeless Shelter Information Sheet”
Members with questions about California’s homeless patient discharge planning law should contact Lois Richardson, CHA vice president and legal counsel, at (916) 552-7611 or email@example.com.