Based in Sacramento, the California Hospital Association (CHA) is the statewide leader representing the interests of more than 400 hospitals and health systems in California. We collaborate with our members to provide strong and effective representation and advocacy to advance the interests of California hospitals, patients and communities. CHA is a trusted resource, working with members to achieve legislative, regulatory, and legal goals at the state and federal levels.
CHA is seeking a full-time Senior Graphic Designer, communications, who can bring to bear the power of visual presentation to convey complex ideas and tell compelling stories. The designer will use extensive knowledge of color, iconography, typography, space, and technology to convey complicated concepts so they resonate with a variety of audiences. This position is a key member of the Communications team and plays an integral role in developing and refining effective, sophisticated communications materials including: PowerPoint presentations, print materials, email templates, data visualizations, infographics, web graphics, newsletters, web pages, and more. The successful candidate will be able to interpret ideas and input from multiple sources, synthesizing the information into powerful images.
The ideal candidate will be: highly creative, enjoy the collaborative process, flexible with changing priorities, a good listener, and possess excellent time-management skills.
- With the group vice president, conceptualize and oversee all graphic elements for CHA
- Develop and create visual concepts for all forms of communications, advocacy materials, social/digital, website, member communications, email, and advertising
- Ensure graphic projects are delivered on time, and through a collaborative, cooperative process
- Proactively identify and recommend graphics for communications materials and other CHA materials
- Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects; responsible for conceptualization and design from start to project completion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Technical proficiency with Adobe CreativeSuite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other graphic design programs; knowledge of web-based publishing platforms (Drupal, WordPress) helpful
- Portfolio that demonstrates graphic design expertise in concept development, typography, layout, color, etc.
CHA offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment located in downtown Sacramento.
If this sounds like a good fit with your background and interests, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=889fa99c-b269-4a02-a86f-f972f4b9ac20&jobId=240036&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
Because we are a federal contractor, we are required to make sure you know that all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic, or disability.