Don’t wait until the last minute to ensure your hospital prepares the seismic reports due by the end of the year. Access the recording and slide deck of CHA’s Sept. 26 webinar — and get the information you need to complete your reports on time.
CHA has also created a cover letter template for you to customize and use for one of the reporting requirements. This resource may be helpful as your hospital prepares its first Assembly Bill (AB) 1882 Annual Status Report.
Specifically, this webinar provided an overview of two reporting requirements:
- AB 1882, enacted last year, requires that on or before Jan. 1, 2024, general acute care hospitals provide a report on the Structural Performance Category status of the buildings and services provided in each building on the hospital campus.
- An evaluation of what hospitals will need to do to meet Nonstructural Performance Category (NPC) requirements must also be submitted to the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) by the same date.
Topics also included:
- Guidance released by HCAI
- How and where to submit annual reports
- Q&A to answer member questions
Additionally, HCAI has posted materials from its recent webinars on these reporting deadlines, in case you missed those programs:
- NPC-5 Water Rationing Plan on Aug. 22: The slide deck and video recording are now available.
- AB 1882 Hospital Public Notices on Aug. 31: The slide deck is now available.
Lastly, HCAI encourages hospitals with questions about these requirements to contact its Seismic Compliance Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.