California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) is a multiyear process led by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), with goals to improve the health outcomes and quality of life experienced by Medi-Cal patients.
CalAIM initiative, originally scheduled for Jan. 1, 2021 implementation, was postponed due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. In January, DHCS released a revised proposal that includes changes based on stakeholder feedback and an updated implementation timeline of Jan. 1, 2022.
These changes to Medi-Cal will have a tremendous impact on hospitals. Some of those changes affect Managed Care.
Topics discussed in this program will include:
- Medi-Cal Managed Care Overview
- Proposed Managed Care Changes
- Proposals to Standardize
- Regional Rates
You may also be interested in viewing:
- CalAIM: The Future of Medi-Cal (recorded webinar 4/6/21)
- CalAIM: Enhanced Care Management
- CalAIM: Medical Necessity Behavioral Health
- CalAIM: Behavioral Health Payment Reform
- CalAIM: In Lieu of Services
This content is restricted to members.