California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM), is a multiyear process led by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), with goals to improve the health outcomes and quality of life experienced by Medi-Cal patients.
CalAIM initiative, originally scheduled for Jan. 1, 2021, implementation, was postponed due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. In January, DHCS released a revised proposal that includes changes based on stakeholder feedback and an updated implementation timeline of Jan. 1, 2022.
These changes to Medi-Cal will have a tremendous impact on hospitals. One of those changes affects In Lieu of Services (ILOS).
Topics discussed in this program will include:
- Background — Medi-Cal 2020 Waiver
- Whole Person Care Pilots
- Proposed ILOS
- Options related to ILOS
You may also be interested in viewing:
- CalAIM: The Future of Medi-Cal (recorded webinar 4/6/21)
- CalAIM: Enhanced Care Management
- CalAIM: Medical Necessity Behavioral Health
- CalAIM: Behavioral Health Payment Reform
- CalAIM: Managed Care and Medi-Cal
This content is restricted to members.