To understand hospitals’ efforts in vaccinating health care workers and the community against COVID-19, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently started collecting optional vaccination data. As a result, seven new vaccine-related fields were added to the CHA COVID-19 Tracking Tool last month. HHS has received many questions from hospitals seeking clarification on these new fields and has compiled and answered the most frequently asked questions.
The FAQs reference vaccination fields by number, which can be found in the federal guidance document.
The numbers in the FAQ also correspond to the vaccination fields in the CHA COVID-19 Tracking Tool as follows:
- #41 = Previous Week’s COVID Vaccine Doses
- #42 = Unvaccinated Personnel
- #43 = Personnel Receiving a Partial Series
- #44 = Personnel Receiving a Complete Series
- #45 = Total Personnel
- #46 = Previous Week’s First COVID Vaccine Doses
- #47 = Previous Week’s Final COVID Vaccine Doses
CHA is working with CDPH to update the data reporting guidance document to include new guidance on the vaccination fields. Questions can be directed to [email protected].