The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) announced last week that it is postponing implementation timelines for its California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) initiative so that it may effectively address the COVID-19 pandemic.
In light of the delay, immediate changes to the CalAIM implementation activities are as follows:
- Delay of CalAIM “Redline” proposals and summary of changes. Proposals will be finalized this summer but will not be released in April as planned.
- The in-person regional meetings on CalAIM Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and In Lieu of Services (ILOS) implementation have been postponed until further notice. The launch of the CalAIM Targeted Technical Assistance teams has also been delayed.
- The ECM/ILOS Transition Plans will no longer be due to DHCS on July 1. A new deadline will be determined and communicated in the near future.
- The public hearings for the Section 1115 waiver renewal and consolidated Section 1915(b) hearings, currently scheduled for May 18 and May 27, are still on the calendar but are subject to change. More information will be provided when available.
- DHCS and the California Department of Social Services have decided to delay the launch of the Foster Care Model of Care workgroup to June 26. Applications are being reviewed, and group membership will be finalized by May 15. Questions can be directed by email to [email protected].
More details will be released as they become available.