The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced updates to its Hospital Compare website on Jan. 29, including overall hospital quality star ratings.
The overall hospital ratings were calculated using measure data from the October 2019 Hospital Compare refresh and the February 2019 methodology.
CMS also updated other Hospital Compare data, including patient experience of care, timely and effective care, and unplanned hospital visits. In addition, the update includes new data for the following quality reporting programs:
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Prospective Payment System-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting Program
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality Reporting Program
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program
Questions about hospital public reporting can be directed to the QualityNet Question and Answer Tool.