On May 21 from 11 a.m. to noon (PT), CHA will host a complimentary, members-only webinar to detail the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed rule updating the inpatient psychiatric facility (IPF) prospective payment system for fiscal year 2022.
Megan Howard, CHA’s vice president of federal policy, will break down the proposed updates — which are estimated to increase overall payments by $90 million compared to fiscal year 2021 — and ask CHA members for their feedback. She will also address CMS proposed changes to the IPF quality reporting program, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination coverage among health care personnel measure
- Follow-up after psychiatric hospitalization measure
- Removal of IPF quality reporting program measures
- Transition to patient-level reporting for chart-abstracted measures
- Request for information on addressing health equity