CHA has issued a summary of the federal fiscal year (FFY) 2024 inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) final rule. The policy and payment provisions in the final rule will be effective for FFY 2024 discharges, beginning Oct. 1.
The summary highlights key provisions of the final rule, including:
- IPPS Market Basket Update
- Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments
- Wage Index
- New Technology and New COVID-19 Treatments Add-On Payments
- Inpatient Quality Reporting Program
- Promoting Interoperability Program
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
Payment and policy changes for the FFY 2024 long-term care hospital prospective payment system final rule are addressed in a separate summary.