What’s happening: The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) launched a one-stop-shop website with the latest information on the opioid epidemic and the state’s effort to address it.
What else to know: The website is part of Governor Newsom’s attempt to connect people with resources and treatments.
The website features:
- Details on California’s latest enforcement actions against traffickers and dealers
- Resources for individuals experiencing an opioid use disorder
- Data and information on the latest substance abuse trends
- Step-by-step guidance on responding to an opioid overdose
- Education material on the history and harms of the opioid epidemic
CPDH also awarded $8 million in opioid prevention grants to community-based organizations. These grants increase access to care by supporting education, testing, recovery, and support services.