CHA, the California Medical Association (CMA), Texas Medical Association, and Texas Hospital Association will cohost a free webinar on the new federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program rules, which expand eligibility for California and Texas physicians. The webinar will take place on Sept. 28 at 12:15 p.m. (PT).
The webinar will cover:
- How more California and Texas physicians can qualify for PSLF
- How hospitals, foundations and other entities can serve as “qualifying employers” for purposes of PSLF, even though they are prohibited by state law from employing physicians
- Information about eligible qualifying loans and the new eligibility criteria (from the U.S. Department of Education)
- A legal presentation about the types of practices that qualify, the required written agreements between physicians and nonprofit entities, and suggestions for documenting the required work hours
Speakers will include:
- Ashley Harrington, Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Education
- Long Do, Partner, Athene Law
- Elizabeth McNeil, Vice President, Federal Government Relations, CMA
- Megan Howard, Vice President, Federal Policy, CHA
To register, CHA members will need to create an account.