Introducing the CHA Publications App
For an improved online user experience visit publications.calhospital.org
The California Hospital Survey Manual can help hospitals prepare for the survey process, explains how surveyors conduct their surveys, and offers tips for achieving a successful survey.
The manual covers the different types of surveys and possible outcomes, and:
- Details the survey process from start to finish
- Outlines tasks that must be done after the survey
- Describes the laws surveyors use to assess compliance
- Discusses surveyor rights and restrictions regarding access to privileged materials
- Includes sample forms, charts and instruction sheets to calculate penalties
- Provides key CDPH contact information
The California Hospital Survey Manual is the only hospital survey manual that is specific to California and explains both state and federal requirements.
A must-have for licensing and accreditation professionals and compliance officers, recommended for legal counsel and risk managers.
- Introduction and Background
- State Surveys
- Federal Surveys
- Tips for Achieving a Successful Survey
- After the Survey: Preparing the Plan of Correction
- Forms and Appendices
Free for Members