On Sept. 23, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released additional details related to the application process for the $25.5 billion distribution announced on Sept. 10. This includes $17 billion for the Phase 4 Provider Relief Fund (PRF) and $8.5 billion from the American Rescue Plan (ARP) for providers who serve rural patients.
These funds can be used for lost revenues or eligible expenses related to COVID-19 incurred from Jan. 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2022. The application portal for this funding opportunity opens Sept. 29 and will close on Oct. 26 at 8:59 p.m. (PT). Providers who have previously created an account in the Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal and have not logged in for more than 90 days will need to reset their password before starting a new application. Providers who have not previously applied will need to create an account.
To streamline the application process, providers will apply for both programs in a single application. Additionally, HRSA will use existing Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program, and Medicare claims data in calculating portions of these payments. Documentation necessary to complete and support the application includes:
- Applicant TIN and TINs for any subsidiaries included in the applicant TINs IRS tax filing.
- Internally generated financial statements that substantiate operating revenues and expenses from patient care in 2019 Q1, Q3, and Q4; 2020 Q3 and Q4; and 2021 Q1.
- Federal income tax return, audited financial statements, or internally generated financial statements submitted in their entirety
HRSA is hosting two webinar sessions for applicants that will include guidance on navigating the application portal:
- Thursday, Sept. 30, noon to 1 p.m. (PT): Register to attend
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, noon to 1 p.m. (PT): Register to attend
Additionally, two additional webinars are planned during the weeks of Oct. 11 and 18. HRSA has not made dates, times, and registration details for these sessions available yet.