Much progress has been made in patient safety — between 2009 and 2019, the annual number of errors serious enough to warrant monetary penalties from the California Department of Public Health declined 27% — but more can be done. In recognition of Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 8-14, the Hospital Quality Institute (HQI) and CHPSO will offer five free webinars focused on improving the safety of the health care system and recognizing the work that’s being done.
Webinar topics include:
- March 9: Implementing a Virtual Quality Nursing Team to Mitigate Patient Risk
- March 10: How Enloe Medical Center Increased Physician Engagement in their Quality Improvement Program
- March 11: Sutter Health’s Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) from OB and Beyond
- March 12: The Impact of Bias on Quality and Patient Safety
- March 13: Relative vs. Absolute Effects: A Perspective for Prioritizing Quality Improvement
More details and registration information are available here. Questions can be directed to HQI at (916) 552-7600.