The agenda for the 2019 Hospital Quality Institute (HQI) Annual Conference is set. To be held in Sacramento Oct. 14 and 15, the conference is the premiere event for advancing patient safety and quality initiatives.
Attendees will learn strategies and take home tools for transforming care, leading reliability, and delivering value to every person, every time, in every community.
The first day of the conference features a full day of keynote and general sessions followed by a half-day of breakout sessions. Topics to be covered include:
- Exploring the new role of infection prevention
- Addressing racial disparities in maternal outcomes
- Communicating with families when patients have experienced harm
- Reducing opioid overdoses
- Health equity
- Understanding variations in data
- Improving outcomes with family-centered rounds
The event also will profile the winner of the C. Duane Dauner Quality Award, along with two runners up.
This year’s event will be held at the Golden 1 Center and the host hotel, the Kimpton Sawyer. Discounted sleeping rooms are available at the Kimpton Sawyer and the Citizen Hotel. Book soon — the discount deadline for sleeping rooms is Sept. 13, and a limited number of rooms are available.