CHA will host a webinar on Sept. 26 at 9 a.m. (PT) to explain what information is needed to complete the upcoming seismic reports for the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI).
Assembly Bill 1882, enacted last year, requires that on or before Jan. 1, 2024, general acute care hospitals provide a report on the Structural Performance Category (SPC) status of the buildings and services provided in each building on the hospital campus.
An evaluation of what hospitals will need to do to meet Nonstructural Performance Category (NPC) requirements must also be submitted to HCAI by the same date.
Kiyomi Burchill, CHA’s policy lead on seismic building standards, will cover what hospitals need to do to successfully meet the reporting deadlines.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of reporting requirements
- Guidance released by HCAI
- How and where to submit annual reports
- Q&A to answer member questions
Additionally, HCAI recently posted materials from its recent webinars on these reporting deadlines:
- NPC-5 Water Rationing Plan on Aug. 22: The slide deck and video recording are now available.
- AB 1882 Hospital Public Notices on Aug. 31: The slide deck is now available.
HCAI encourages hospitals with questions about these requirements to contact its Seismic Compliance Unit at email@example.com.