CHA has released its 2023 California Health Information Privacy Manual, a resource designed to help members comply with state and federal privacy laws.
The manual covers the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health, the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, the Patient Access to Health Records Act, the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act, and more.
This resource includes updates on:
- Substance use disorder information to reflect revised law
- New federal information blocking law
- Revised breach notifications and regulations adopted by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- New California laws protecting abortion and gender-affirming treatment
- CDPH’s authority to levy fines for privacy breaches