CHA DataSuite has issued the fourth quarter 2017 update of the Medicare cost report model, which provides hospitals with commonly sought after data elements from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Healthcare Cost Report Information System database. The model highlights hospital utilization data, inpatient and outpatient data, overall hospital statistics and uncompensated care data.
- S-3 Part I – utilization data
- S-10 – uncompensated care data
- G-3 – overall revenue and expense data
- E Part A – hospital inpatient data
- E Part B – hospital outpatient data
- E-3 Part V – critical access hospital inpatient services data
- E-4 – hospital direct graduate medical education and end stage renal disease outpatient direct medical education data
As CMS issued changes to instructions for the Medicare Cost Report Worksheet S-10 late last year for cost-reporting years beginning with Oct.1, 2013, hospitals that revised and submitted amended cost reports for federal fiscal years 2014 and 2015 should review this update.