CHA DataSuite has issued a hospital-specific analysis of the calendar year (CY) 2023 Medicare outpatient prospective payment system proposed rule.
The analysis is intended to show providers how Medicare outpatient fee-for-service payments will change from CY 2022 to CY 2023 based on the policies set forth in the proposed rule. A detailed summary of the proposed rule is available for CHA members.
Changes modeled in this analysis include:
- Market basket update
- Affordable Care Act-mandated market basket adjustment
- Budget neutrality adjustments
- Wage index (wage data and reclassifications) updates
- Application of the imputed floor
- Increasing bottom quartile wage index values
- A 5% stop loss transition wage index
- APC factor/updates
- Change in rural adjustment
Also included are the estimated impacts of two alternatives that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) included in the proposed rule:
- Removal of the 340B reduction
- Use of CY 2020 cost report data
Comments are due to CMS by Sept. 13 and can be submitted electronically by using the website’s search feature for “1772-P.”
This content is restricted to members.