CHA DataSuite has issued a hospital-specific analysis of the calendar year (CY) 2024 Medicare home health (HH) prospective payment system (PPS) proposed rule. The analysis is intended to show HH providers how Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) payments will change from CY 2023 to CY 2024 based on the policies set forth in the proposed rule. A detailed summary of the proposed rule is available for CHA members.
The proposed rule includes updates to the Medicare FFS HH PPS payment rates based on changes set forth by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and those previously adopted by Congress. Among the proposed updates are:
- Recalibration of the patient-driven grouping model case-mix weights, low utilization payment adjustment thresholds, functional levels, and comorbidity adjustment subgroups
- Payment adjustments to reflect the impact of differences between assumed behavior changes and actual behavior changes on estimated aggregate payment expenditures under the HH PPS
- Updates to the expanded HH value-based purchasing program
- Updates to the HH quality reporting program
- Payment rates for the administration of home intravenous immune globulin items and services
- Creation of the hospice informal dispute resolution and special focus programs
- Changes to durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies outlined by the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023
- Changes to provider and supplier enrollment requirements
Comments on the proposed rule are due to CMS by Aug. 29 and can be submitted electronically by searching for file code “1780-P”.
This content is restricted to members.