The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) recently requested input on how the Cal MediConnect program can provide a better member experience or otherwise improve care and care coordination. Today, CHA submitted comments that outline the challenges hospital case managers continue to experience in the discharge planning process.
CHA urges DHCS to improve metrics and increase oversight related to:
- Plan provision of care coordination for Cal MediConnect members, including access to long-term services and supports
- Access to specialized case management services for complex patients and patients with behavioral health needs
- Timely access to community-based primary care services
- Access to post-hospital care, including delays in care transitions
- Discharge rates from skilled-nursing facilities