This week, CHA President & CEO Carmela Coyle traveled to Washington, D.C., to meet with key policymakers on hospital financial instability and the need to protect access to essential health care services. The message was shared with officials at the executive and legislative branches of the federal government.
A meeting was held with senior members of the White House Domestic Policy Council, which drives the development and implementation of the president’s domestic policy agenda in the White House and across the federal government.
Additional meetings occurred with members of House leadership and those on committees that have jurisdiction on health care matters, including:
- Rep. Pete Aguilar – House Democratic Caucus Chair
- Rep. Robert Garcia – President of the Freshman Democrats
- Rep. Nanette Barragán – Energy & Commerce Committee
- Rep. Linda Sánchez – Ways & Means Committee
- Rep. Michelle Steel – Ways & Means Committee
- Rep. Mike Thompson – Ways & Means Committee
These visits follow the letters sent to Gov. Newsom, key state legislative leaders, and every member of California’s congressional delegation earlier this month.
CHA continues to advocate on behalf of members on these critical issues.