About this Course
This course was developed as an introduction to the Hospital Incident Command System.
This 4.5 hour course provides an overview of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) and the operation of the Hospital Command Center (HCC) during emergencies. The course includes hands-on training and use of HICS forms and tools.
The course prepares all levels of hospital management to meet the following:
- Joint Commission Standard EM.01.01.01, EP 7: The hospital’s incident command structure is integrated and consistent with its community’s command structure.
- NIMS Compliance Objective #7: Demonstrated the use of NIMS principles and ICS Management structure in training and exercises.
The course materials and handouts have been developed for training purposes only; by accessing these documents, you agree not to share, distribute, transmit or reproduce without prior written consent of California Hospital Association. No part of this course or related materials shall be copied or utilized for monetary gain.
- HICS Basics Course
- HICS Incident Action Planning Course
- HICS Forms
- Incident Response Guide / Incident Planning Guide
Download Course Materials
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Wildfire Evacuation
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Chemical
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Evacuation
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Hostage/Barricade
- Part 2 Course Presentation – IED
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Loss of Power
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Loss of Water
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Earthquake
- Part 2 Course Presentation – Extreme Weather (new)
- Planning Meeting Document (2018 update)
- CHA IAP Checklist (2014 update)
- Incident Response Guide-Chemical
- Incident Response Guide-Utility Loss
- Incident Response Guide-Evacuation
- Incident Response Guide-Hostage Situation
- Incident Response Guide-Explosive Incident
- Incident Response Guide-Earthquake
- Job Action Sheet-Operations Section Chief
- HIMT Chart