Registration is open for the Patient Safety Evaluation System (PSES) Virtual Summit, set for May 24-25.
The summit, which will be held over two half-days, is a joint program of the Hospital Quality Institute, Collaborative Healthcare Patient Safety Organization, and Alliance for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. It includes Safe Table discussions, topic-focused breakout sessions, and keynote presenters all centered around the PSES: what we know, what we learned, and what needs to happen next.
Because the legalese of the PSES can be both confusing and intimidating for health care providers, this year’s virtual PSES Summit will also provide information to help break down the requirements into digestible pieces and answer questions about how to manage institutional PSES to design innovative programs that reduce costs, accelerate efficiency, enhance reliability, and improve the delivery of patient care.
Other topics include:
- Turnkey PSES programs (patient safety activities), including cross-institutional Safe Tables and root cause analysis with policies and procedures
- Discussion about PSES innovative programs, including protected management and tiered huddles
- Safe Table discussions on causal analysis, just culture, and falls
- Workshop on designing and diagramming PSES programs
- Training toward becoming a Certified Patient Safety Workforce. It will examine data submission and discuss uses, disclosures, and reporting distinctions in more detail as part of an exploration of how the members and patient safety organizations manage the data (e.g., disclosure, storage)