Stay up-to-date with the most comprehensive resource created specifically to provide guidance to hospitals and health systems on how to comply with myriad California and federal statutes, regulations, and agency guidelines. The California Hospital Compliance Manual covers all applicable state and federal laws and focuses on high-risk compliance issues including fraud and abuse.
Lloyd Bookman, Esq., CHA’s Lois Richardson, Esq., and legal experts from Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC.
(Twelfth edition, 2021)
The manual features more than 700 pages of content including 16 chapters, a model hospital compliance plan, numerous compliance forms and appendices, and an index.
- Hospital Compliance Plans
- Governing Boards
- Federal and State False Claims Acts
- Submission of Accurate Claims Information
- Proper Cost Reporting Practices
- Physician Self-Referral Laws
- Federal and State Anti-Kickback Laws
- Financial Assistance Policies
- Issues for Tax-Exempt Hospitals
- Fundamentals of Hospital Licensing and Certification
- Screening for Excluded Providers and Suppliers
- Hospital Signage Requirements
- Patient Safety Organizations
- Other Laws
- Repayment and Self-Disclosure
- Responding to Government Audits and Investigations
“This is the only manual to address California and federal laws in depth — it’s well organized, and having the citations right there saves time.”
– Kevin Nelson, Director, Corporate Compliance, Cottage Health System
“The Compliance Manual is a great, comprehensive resource with quick answers to questions about state and federal laws — I appreciate the recommendations that help explain gray areas in the law.”
– Stephanie Hanson R.N. CHC, Compliance Officer, Tahoe Forest Hospital District
“CHA’s Hospital Compliance Manual is a great tool for bringing staff up to speed fast.”
– Lynn Grieves, Chief Compliance Officer, Children’s Hospital of Orange County
CHA includes hard copies of forms and appendices in its manuals for all purchasers. Electronic versions of forms, appendices, and the model compliance plan are available to CHA members for download at www.calhospital.org/forms-and-appendices.
Electronic copies of CHA Publications are available free to CHA members. CHA members may download each PDF for their individual use and/or post it to an Intranet or shared workstation environment.
Limited Use License: In purchasing this electronic publication (Publication), the individual who purchased it (Purchaser) agrees to abide by the terms of this Limited Use License. This Limited Use License: (1) gives Purchaser a non-exclusive, non-assignable, royalty free, perpetual, limited right to use this electronic publication only for his/her personal use; and (2) prohibits Purchaser from posting, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, transmitting, or otherwise allowing anyone else to access or use this Publication. CHA is and will be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest, including intellectual property rights, in this Publication and its contents. CHA will strictly enforce the terms of this Limited Use License.
NOTE: Print functionality is disabled in the Individual PDF. Purchases that include electronic publications are not refundable. For questions about the policy, contact Publications.