On June 4, the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) released finalized documents and supporting resources for the Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and In Lieu of Services (ILOS) components of California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM).
- Final DHCS-MCP ECM and ILOS Contract Template: Standardized statewide requirements for the administration and delivery of ECM and ILOS that will be appended to DHCS managed care plan (MCP) model contracts.
- Final ECM and ILOS Standard Provider Terms and Conditions: Standardized requirements that MCPs will be required to include in contracts with ECM and ILOS providers.
- Final CalAIM ECM and ILOS Model of Care Template: The format for each MCP to describe how it plans to design, implement, and administer ECM and ILOS.
- Final ECM Key Design Implementation Decisions: A summary of final ECM design and implementation decisions related to three key implementation areas: ECM and ILOS implementation timeline, ECM populations of focus definitions, and ECM overlap with other programs and exclusions.
- ECM and ILOS Change Memo: A summary of public comments and key policy changes DHCS made to ECM and ILOS requirements documents based on stakeholder feedback.
- Updated ECM and ILOS FAQs: Additional guidance and clarifications of ECM and ILOS policies and operational procedures.
- Providing Access and Transforming Health (PATH) Supports FAQs: General information about PATH, funding uses, and how PATH relates to CalAIM and the governor’s budget.
- CalAIM Model of Care Cover Note: Additional information about model of care requirements and the submission and approval process.
DHCS will host a webinar on June 8 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. (PT) that will provide an overview of the finalized ECM and ILOS requirements documents and supporting resources, with a focus on key changes based on feedback received during the public comment period. It will also cover important upcoming implementation milestones and technical assistance activities. There will be time for Q&A.